AROONA upgrades multimode optical fibers to single-mode in an existing infrastructure without requiring cable replacement.
- Up to 100 Gbps over distances of up to 10 km, compatible with OM1/OM2/OM3/OM4/OM5 fiber
- Installation only requires a simple fusion splicing
- Available in 2 versions (rack & compact module), from 2 to 24 fiber connections
- Passive solution, no power supply required
- Connects to on-site fiber optic cabling, no splicing required
- Up to 40 Gbps over distances of up to 550 m, compatible with OM1/OM2/OM3/OM4 fiber
- Plug and play: standard multimode connector (ST, LC, ST)
- Single-strand passive converter
Cailabs AROONA-STAR – Convert your Multimode Fibers into Single-mode Fibers!
Many Local Area Networks (LANs) are cabled with multimode fibers (MMF) that are limited in bandwidth. The transmitted throughput cannot exceed 1 Gb/s or even 100 Mb/s and therefore does not meet the growing demand for increased network bandwidth. The various solutions offered by the AROONA series make it possible to overcome these limitations and transmit tens of Gb/s over an existing multimode fiber structured cabling infrastructure just by installing a simple box. AROONA offers a scalable, cost-effective solution that minimizes the expense of cabling infrastructure upgrades while significantly reducing your carbon footprint.
Questions about AROONA?
Do you want to know how the AROONA solution
can future-proof your multimode optical fiber network?